What are the conference registration rates?
Conference rates include all meals served on the day(s) attended, materials, attendance at the conference sessions and entrance to the exhibit area.
Full conference (March 23 and 24): $200
MFF SNAP-Ed Scholarship: $50 if scholarship requirements below are met. (Attendance is required on March 23 and 24; no one-day attendance.)
Speaker, Guest and Staff registration is complimentary, but everyone needs to register with the appropriate code provided by conference management.
Exhibiting organizations receive one complimentary registration. Additional individuals who are attending to staff the exhibit must register at the rate of $50.
Qualifications for a MFF SNAP-Ed scholarship:
• Be actively engaged in a MFF SNAP-Ed program in some capacity.
• Register online using the MFF SNAP-Ed Scholarship registration category.
• $50 scholarship includes: full conference attendance and meals served during the conference and lodging*.
• Describe your involvement in SNAP-Ed in the online registration system.
• Register by March 1st.
• You must make your own lodging reservation by February 28th and provide the hotel with a credit card. Room and taxes will be transferred to the conference master account for MFF SNAP-Ed registrants on the day of the conference. Incidentals are your responsibility.
• NOTE: Dinner on your own Thursday, March 23. SNAP-Ed will reimburse dinner at a max rate of $19. Itemized receipts are required.
What meals are included in my registration?
The registration fee covers the following meals:
- Wednesday, March 22 for those attending the pre-conference sessions: Lunch provided
- Thursday, March 23: Light continental breakfast, lunch and two breaks
- Friday, March 24: Continental breakfast, morning break and lunch
Where can I make a hotel reservation?
Lodging is available at the Radisson Plaza Hotel & Suites, 100 West Michigan Avenue Kalamazoo, MI 49007.
Conference rate: $119 plus 14% tax for single or double occupancy.
To reserve a room:
Call: 269-343-333 and reference the 2017 Choices Conference
For MFF SNAP-Ed Scholarship Recipients:
You must make your own lodging reservation by February 28th and provide the hotel with a credit card. Room and taxes will be transferred to the conference master account for MFF SNAP-Ed registrants on the day of the conference. Incidentals are your responsibility.
Where do I park?
Self-parking: There is a parking structure adjacent to the hotel, accessible by a covered ramp, at the reduced rate of $10/night. For those staying overnight at the hotel, the fee is added to your hotel bill. For those not staying overnight, you can request a voucher at the conference registration desk. This fee is covered by the conference.
Valet parking: Valet parking is available at the rate of $25/night. Valet parking is not covered by the conference.
Can I earn continuing education credits by attending the Choices Conference?
Continuing education credits have been approved for the Choices Conference. For those attending on March 23-24, you may earn up to nine credits. If you also attend the MFF Partners Pre-conference session, an additional five hours are available.
- For dietitians and dietetic technicians: CPE Levels 1, 2 and 3 have been approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- For teachers and school administrators: SCECH have been approved by the Michigan Department of Education.
- For health educators: This program is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to receive up to 14 total Category I contact education contact hours. Maximum advanced-level continuing education contact hours available are 8.
- Nurses may receive a certificate of attendance under Rule 2(l) of the Michigan Board of Nursing.
- For food service administrators and all others, a certificate of attendance can be provided.