November 29, 2016 – Gratiot Isabella RESD, 1131 E Center St, Ithaca, MI 48847 – Online registration is now closed.
The Exemplary Physical Education Curriculum (EPEC) provides educators with evidence-based tools to help make every child a physically-educated child. For SNAP-Ed programs, the Michigan Fitness Foundation (MFF) offers Nutrition-Enhanced EPEC so physical educators and others involved with your SNAP-Ed program have the tools and resources they need to implement nutrition education in the gymnasium. The Nutrition-Enhanced EPEC training, which is a 3.5 hour training, is suitable for teachers new to EPEC and those wanting a refresher. MFF covers the cost of the EPEC training for SNAP-Ed participants and registration is required. Substitute teacher pay and mileage may be reimbursed if approved in your organization’s SNAP-Ed budget.
If EPEC Curriculum is needed, it can be ordered by local SNAP-Ed project coordinators. Curriculum should be ordered at least seven (7) working days before a training as it is distributed at the training. SNAP-Ed orders should be placed using one of the forms below. Non-SNAP-Ed participants can contact Mary Grill at firstname.lastname@example.org or (517) 908-3846.
If you are traveling from a distance and require a hotel room, please reserve your own room at the hotel listed below. This will include providing a credit card to hold your room. When you check in, your room charge and parking (not incidentals) will be moved to the MFF Master Bill. If you are a “no show” for your room, your credit card will be charged and this expense cannot be reimbursed through SNAP-Ed. If you choose to stay at an alternate hotel, your organization may be reimbursed through SNAP-Ed for up to $75/room plus applicable taxes.
After attending this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe key features of the EPEC K–5 curriculum (objective selection, curricular minute matrix, curricular scope and sequence).
- List the components of the EPEC curricula and instructional materials.
- State the importance of the EPEC Teaching/Learning Progressions
- List the instructional components of EPEC Instructional Segments.
- State key features of EPEC Reinforcing Activities.
- Increase knowledge related to the new MyPlate.
- Use an EPEC Assessment Rubric to score student performance.
- Compile EPEC Instructional Segments into lessons.
- Understand how and agree to keeping time records for SNAP-Ed match.
Trainings hosted by the Michigan Nutrition Network at Michigan Fitness Foundation welcome participants from MFF Partners, Projects and others who work with SNAP-Ed. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in our training, please contact Mary Grill at (517) 908-3846 or email@example.com.