Using NERI in Your SNAP-Ed Programming:
- NERI must reinforce one of your SNAP-Ed objectives and align with specific lessons within an intervention.
- NERI should not be distributed at every lesson. Pick one or possibly two NERI that are well-aligned with your lessons and distribute them at different times throughout your programming cycle.
- NERI must be given to all participants and cannot be used as rewards or incentives for only some participants.
For additional information about NERI, see pages 44-45 of the FY 2017 of the Programming and Operations Manual.
SPECIAL NOTE: All MFF SNAP-Ed Partners using NERI must participate in the NERI evaluation which has two components:
- Survey cards should be distributed to participants (or parents/guardians of participants) who receive NERI. Once the survey is completed, participants will mail them back to MFF postage-paid. When you order NERI, please identify the number of survey cards you need.
- SNAP-Ed staff will be asked to complete an online survey. A survey link will be emailed toward the end of the fiscal year.